Renaming Files and Correcting Errors

This past week, Megan and I spent an hour changing the names of all the documents we have already digitized.  They now read FRSP_7700_running#_page#.  As I was going through many of the documents, I realized that some of the first blank pages and the index pages where not all correct.  On Thursday, I went in again and spent an hour renaming several files and checking that all the index files corresponded to their order in the register.  I discovered we were missing page 22 of the index, so I quickly digitized that page and named it appropriately before I forgot to.  Additionally, I sorted out the number and order of the blank pages.  I’m glad I took the time to double check all those pages because there were definitely errors that would have been annoying to deal with later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *